Random Thoughts

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

God is real, no matter how I feel

In the midst of applying for jobs, I have become weighed down by the memory of the past. Satan slips in and so easily attacks, making me feel as if I have no talents, strengths or impact on children's lives.

This weekend I was overwhelmed. As my family is preparing to move, we were running in many directions and were doing a lot of different errands. On Saturday we ended up going to Walmart, McDonald's, etc. Every place that I went I ran into some kids that I had taught. At Walmart "Al" kept peeking around the corner and waving at me. At McDonalds some of my students were eating quick before their Upward's Soccer game.

While at McDonald's we saw an older couple from church. The husband has alzthimer's. He was very sad to hear that my parents were leaving. The wife said she has been praying for me and knew that I was definately in the right field.

After seeing so many of my kids that I have taught, I was reminded what an influence that I can have on so many students. I sometimes get frustrated with my students and enforce responsibility, discipline, and stucture. My expectations are high, but the return is great. To see these students smiling when they see me after school is a wonderful thing.

I need to continually remind myself that God has given me specific talents and a passion to work with students with special needs. It is my calling and I am excited to serve God while I do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home