Random Thoughts

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Special

Lately I have ever so welcomed the presence of my friends’ blogs. I have come to realize that they are so gifted in the areas of language and writing. I, myself, spend every waking moment in a special world, where everything must be stated clearly, concisely, and simply. I cannot flower my descriptions, incorporate idioms, or speak in similes, otherwise my students would find themselves in a world of despair with a teacher who does not connect with them. Each morning I listen to Proclaim and long to speak eloquently. I dream of actually incorporating the ‘word of the day’ into my vocabulary, but thus reality hits and I find myself stuck in the same old world: special ed. How will this recent reality affect my future days? Will I find that in twenty years I can only speak in short phrases and use inappropriate inflection? Will I use “git” instead of “get”? Could I actually get to the point where I only know the names of the letters and the small list of 1st grade sight words because this is the only thing I teach?? Panic. Once I graduate college how will I ever be challenged again? Is there a point in one’s life, when the progress stops and they digress?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home